7 June 2008

your presence counts!

Class 12 results out!
To most of us, it hardly made a difference...there were entrance examination results we were awaiting.
In this particular group of friends I have,
one scored real low marks (it wasn't at all bad, if you ask my opinion that is.period.)
To cheer this friend, I took all that it actually takes...
um, the consoling package also included the usual emotional stuff-__
"I'm real good at turning frowns into smiles.
Don't let me down."
I was successful in getting an artificial smile. Formal talking and all ensued..
But that wasn't it. I was not going to stop there.
I let about a couple of hours, well, say, more time pass.
Back I was to my job.
Getting my friend's smile back!
I'm well-known for my messages__
"a merry heart is a good medicine,
but a broken spirit will make you feel sick.
how is my deary feeling now?"
___I typed furiously.
Came the reply___
"That's so sweet of you.
I'm feeling so much better now.
I know I can't express my gratitude through a silly text...
I'm glad that I've a friend like you.
Thanks."
...There.
Things like these make my day.
It made my night then!
I knew for sure that, even in the least, I've been successful---partially though!
I personally feel, if somebody tells me 'glad to have you in my life' or 'lucky me! I have you!'
it actually tells me, latently,
"GOOD JOB GAL! YOU'VE BEEN 'LIVING' YOUR LIFE!"
After all, literally and figuratively,
your presence is what counts!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

just wannna say one thing-"LOVE U LOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAADDSSSSSSS!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Well, talking about bad marks, I'm an expert in getting them. I got 57.5% and look at me(I know you can't), I'm shamelessly telling everbody. I hate studying, anyway, I hope i get an Arts seat 'coz I don't wanna do any engineering stuff.

You asked for my other blogs rite? check out my feminist blog: http://thecoolfeminist.blogspot.com

and this is my webzine about creativity, art and craft.: http://whatshelikes.blogspot.com

the first one is readable and probably the most popular. The second one is the pretty one with lot of pictures. I'm super-blogaholic.

These are some other stuff:

http://sufferingfrombad.wordpress.com(random blog)

http://picluvinchic.tumblr.com(my pic blog)

http://glammegrrl.blogspot.com(my fashion blog)

You now think that I'm in the last stage of insanity. you are actually right.

P.S.: THAT pic below "about this blog" is not my work, I took it from flickr!

nains m said...

@ aditi:
...luvv u too!...


@freya,
thanks for responding!
bad marks can never take up ur life!
and i never even let them take...
in my results-II, i was low too,
n thnx to this frnd of mine (whom this post is all abt)...my spirits lifted really soon!

Unknown said...

this is another excellent article...so you may as well keep flashing your pearlies(strange expression, that)...reminds me also of the differences in humans...even if i had committed a good deed as that, writing about it in my blog would have been the last thing on my mind, for fear of embarrassment and fear of showing my supposedly softer side

Anonymous said...

hey neha..
this is too gud.. keep up ur gud job....
n this link is probably i guess to share away the views of all....
byee..

nains m said...

Thank you, appreciated the comment, siddharth and mausam!
But siddharth, you can try writing about your good deeds.....it does not mean flaunting them, but sharing them!

Kimi said...

That was real sweet.
A good deed deserves another, so u would be a lucky gal!
Looking forward to more...

nains m said...

@ Kimi,
thank you!
you'll see more of this kind soon...
Keep visiting!